Terms and Conditions
1. General Terms and Conditions
3. Cookies Policy
I. General Terms and Conditions
Commercial User – shall mean individual, organization or business using the Service for commercial purposes based on terms and conditions of a separate agreement between such individual, organization or business and StudyUK.tv.
Hosting Services – shall mean services for hosting of video, audio or other works and contents on the Website and/or other internet sites and social networks, whether produced by STUDYUK.TV, you or the third party, including hosting services offered to Commercial Users based on a separate agreement between them and STUDYUK.TV.
Individual User – shall mean any user, whether an individual, organization or business, that views the content of the Website or otherwise accesses the Website or uses the Service, whether through a subscription account or without it.
Intellectual Property Rights shall mean copyright, patents of any type, design rights, trade secret, know-how or confidentiality rights, trademarks, trade names and service marks and any other intangible property rights, including applications and registrations for any of the foregoing, in any country, arising under statutory or common law or by contract.
Service – shall mean hosting and sharing of video, audio, text or other content, as well as any associated services provided to you through an online video sharing platform located at Website.
STUDYUK.TV – shall mean Litara Ltd., the company that provides the Service and owns the Website.
Term – shall mean the term of validity of these Terms and Conditions starting from the date you first use the Service and until the latter of: i) you seize using the Service completely; ii) your Hosting Service subscription expires; or iii) your Individual User subscription with us expires.
Website – shall mean www.studyuk.tv.
If you are an Individual User, these Terms and Conditions apply to all persons who gain access to the Website and use the Service whether through your Individual User account or without it.
If you are a Commercial User, these Terms and Conditions apply to all your employees, agents and/or customers that have access to the Services.
In either case, a violation of these Terms and Conditions by anyone using your account, acting in your name or on your behalf will be treated as a violation by you.
3. License to Use the Service
Unless otherwise agreed in a separate agreement with STUDYUK.TV, you are hereby granted a worldwide, nonexclusive, nontransferable, revocable, limited license to access and use the Service for your own personal, non-commercial purposes (for Individual Users). This includes the right to view content available on the Service and share the content by providing the link to the Website. This license may not be assigned or sublicensed to anyone else. As a Commercial User you may use the Service for non-commercial and commercial purposes subject to compliance with the respective individual agreement between you and STUDYUK.TV and subject to these Terms and Conditions.
Except as expressly permitted by STUDYUK.TV in writing, you will not copy, reproduce, redistribute, sell, create derivative works from, decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble the Service, or take any measures to interfere with or damage the Service.
Except for the limited license set forth herein, STUDYUK.TV does not grant you any express or implied rights or licenses under any trademarks, copyrights, patents or other proprietary or intellectual property rights.
4. Licenses to Website Content
Unless otherwise stipulated in an individual agreement between you and STUDYUK.TV, you own the video content, photos and pictures (hereinafter "Videos") that that you submit to the STUDYUK.TV for hosting through the Service. By submitting a Video, you grant STUDYUK.TV a perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free license and right to copy, transmit, distribute, publicly perform and display, and make derivative works from your Video for the purpose of (i) displaying the Video within the Service; (ii) displaying the Video on third party websites and applications; (iii) allowing other users to view, access, play, download, and embed the Video on third party websites; (iv) promoting STUDYUK.TV business, including but not limited to, promoting the Service; and (v) archiving or preserving the Video.
You further grant all users of the Service permission to view your Videos for their personal, non-commercial purposes. This includes the right to copy and make derivative works from the Videos solely to the extent necessary to view the Videos.
Unless otherwise stipulated in an individual agreement between you and STUDYUK.TV, you own all non-Video content that you submit to the Service (including but not limited to descriptions, comments, etc.). You grant STUDYUK.TV and its affiliates a worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free license and right to copy, transmit, distribute, publicly perform and display, and make derivative works from your non-Video content. You further grant all users of the Service permission to view your non-Video content for their personal, non-commercial purposes. If you make suggestions to STUDYUK.TV on improving or adding new features to the Service, STUDYUK.TV shall have the right to use your suggestions without any compensation to you.
5. Individual User Subscription
To fully use the Service, you must subscribe by providing a valid email address, a password, age and preference information and any other information we may request from you from time to time. You must provide complete and accurate registration information to us and notify us if your information changes. If you are an organization, business, or any other entity, the person whose email address is associated with the account must have the authority to bind the entity to these Terms and Conditions.
You must not allow third party access to your account and you are responsible for all activity that occurs under your account, including any activity by unauthorized users.
Individual User subscription shall remain valid until cancelled by you or STUDYUK.TV. We are entitled to cancel any Individual User subscription at any time, and/or delete any content in the Service whether provided by us or submitted by you, if we consider your activities detrimental to the Services, our reputation, reputation of other users, our partners and contractors, or for any other reason. STUDYUK.TV reserves the right to deny subscriptions, renewals, and other purchases for any reason.
You may terminate your Individual User subscription at any time by contacting us via e-mail at the details provided on our Contacts page with the subject-matter “CANCEL SUBSCRIPTION”. It may take several days to cancel your subscription.
Individual User subscription accounts may be deleted from the Service if they remain inactive for a continuous period of at least six (6) months. Hosting Services subscription will remain active until the end of the Hosting Services subscription term and any renewal term.
6. Hosting Services and Other Services
In addition to offering free subscriptions, we offer Hosting Services and some other services (e.g. video production) to Commercial Users. Details, specific features and pricing for such Hosting Services and other services are subject to an individual agreement between STUDYUK.TV and such Commercial Users.
Unless otherwise stipulated in an individual agreement between STUDYUK.TV and a Commercial User, Hosting Services are offered to Commercial Users on a basis of annual subscription. Hosting Services subscription is independent from an Individual User subscription.
After the initial period, Hosting Services subscription is set to automatically renew for twelve (12) months unless Commercial User informs STUDYUK.TV of its intention to terminate its Hosting Services subscription with a one month prior written notice. Once Hosting Services subscription or its extension is purchased and all fees paid such Hosting Services subscription shall be non-refundable.
When a Hosting Services subscription ends and provided is has not been renewed, STUDYUK.TV reserves the right to delete all the respective content associated with such Hosting Services subscription within 14 (fourteen) days.
Purchases of Hosting Services subscription or other products and services through the STUDYUK.TV may be subject to other terms and conditions that are presented to you at the time of purchase.
7. Use and Content Restrictions
You may not use the Service in any of the following ways:
• Using the Service in a way, which violates any applicable law, court order, regulation, or treaty or rights of others (including, but not limited to, copyrights and other intellectual property rights, privacy rights, criminal and international law).
• Using the Service to post adult or sexually explicit content or material.
• Using the Service to post content or material that exploits minors, depicts unlawful acts or acts of violence.
• Using the Service in a manner intended to promote fraudulent schemes or any other dubious money-making ventures.
• Using the Service in a manner intended to abuse or violate the privacy or property rights of others, including but not limited to spamming activity or in a way to disguise the server identity or location.
• Excessively using the Service in such a way as to limit the bandwidth available to others.
• Using the Service to promote or solicit competing Internet services.
• Engaging in harassment, whether through language, frequency, or size of messages, either with email or website content.
STUDYUK.TV has the right, but not the obligation, to monitor all use of and content submitted to the STUDYUK.TV Service.
STUDYUK.TV reserves the right to modify the Service. You are responsible for providing your own access (e.g., computer, mobile device, Internet connection, etc.) to the Service.
8. Third Party Rights
STUDYUK.TV has no obligation to screen or monitor any content and does not guarantee that any content available on the Service complies with these Terms and Conditions or is suitable for all users.
STUDYUK.TV does not undertake to examine or review any content or other materials, which are accessible through the Service. If you believe that your copyright may have been infringed, please send us a notice using the contact details find on the Webpage.
10. Your Representations and Warranties
For each piece of content that you submit, you represent and warrant that: (i) you have the right to submit the content to STUDYUK.TV and grant the licenses set forth above; (ii) STUDYUK.TV will not need to obtain licenses from any third party or pay royalties to any third party; (iii) the content does not infringe any third party's rights, including intellectual property rights and privacy rights; and (iv) the content complies with these Terms and Conditions and all applicable laws.
You will indemnify, defend, and hold harmless STUDYUK.TV and its affiliates, directors, officers, employees, and agents, from and against all third party actions that: (i) arise from your activities on the STUDYUK.TV Service; (ii) are in breach of your representations and warranties; (iii) are in violation by you of any term of these Terms and Conditions; or (iv) assert that any content you submitted to STUDYUK.TV violates any law or infringes any third party right, including any intellectual property or privacy right.
11. Limitation of Liability
You agree that any use of the Service shall be at your own risk. STUDYUK.TV is not responsible for any information, products, or services accessible through the Service, including but not limited to the accuracy of third-party materials or content, and you agree that STUDYUK.TV is not responsible for any loss or damage caused by your use of, or reliance on, such materials or contents.
Where you post any contents on the Service or provide STUDYUK.TV your material for posting, you agree that you shall have sole responsibility for such posting on the Website, as well as any other location on the Internet, including but not limited to postings on social network or other media websites. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless STUDYUK.TV and its employees, professional advisors, customers and subscribers from and against any claims, losses, costs, liability, damages or expenses arising out of your postings.
The Service is provided to you by STUDYUK.TV on an "as is, as available" basis. STUDYUK.TV disclaims all warranties express or implied or statutory, including without limitation, any implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose except to the extent that any warranties implied by law cannot be validly waived. Without limiting the foregoing, STUDYUK.TV does not warrant that the Service, any content or other material provided to you will be error-free and/or uninterrupted, or that defects will be corrected. STUDYUK.TV does not provide any warranties with respect to any content submitted by any user, or guarantee the security or back-up of any of the data stored on the Service. No warranties are provided with respect to websites and resources outside of the Service, even if linked to and from the Service.
On no account is STUDYUK.TV liable to pay aggregate total damages in any calendar year exceeding 100% of the fees and charges paid by you to STUDYUK.TV in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. Where no fees have been paid to us, we will not be liable for any damages of any kind arising from the use of this website including but not limited to direct, indirect, incidental, consequential and punitive damages.
On no account is any party liable for indirect loss or loss of profit, expected savings, reduced production, loss of investments, loss of goodwill, losses due to loss of or insufficient data, operating loss irrespective of whether the claims are due to ordinary or gross negligence on the part of STUDYUK.TV
Any backups STUDYUK.TV may carry are strictly for our own use in-case of a server failure. We are not responsible for a failure to back up any content on the Services, and do not provide any warranties in this respect.
STUDYUK.TV shall not be responsible for the loss or damage of any content on the Service.
12. Term and Termination
STUDYUK.TV reserves the right to deny or cancel subscriptions, renewals, and other purchases for any reason. Additionally, we are entitled to cancel any Individual User subscription at any time, and/or delete any content in the Service whether provided by us or submitted by you, if we consider your activities detrimental to the Services, our reputation, reputation of other users, our partners and contractors, or for any other reason or if you violated these Terms and Conditions. If STUDYUK.TV deletes your Individual User subscription account for the foregoing reasons, you may not re-register for the Service. STUDYUK.TV may block your email address and Internet protocol address to prevent further registration.
Upon termination of these Terms and Conditions, all licenses granted by STUDYUK.TV will terminate. Sections 3, 4, 7 and 10 through 13 shall survive termination.
13. Other Provisions
These Terms and Conditions, Including Cookies and Privacy Policies, may be updated or changed from time to time without prior notice. Any modifications to these Terms and Conditions and/or Service will be posted by STUDYUK.TV on the Website effective as of the date of such posting.
All communications and notices with respect to these Terms and Conditions and Service will be provided by STUDYUK.TV electronically via e-mail notifications or through posting on Website.
These Terms and Conditions and any claims arising out of or relating to them shall be governed by and construed under the laws of England, without reference to its conflicts of law principles, and any matters shall be adjudicated by English courts. The United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods shall not apply.
In case any one or more of the provisions contained in this Agreement shall be held to be unenforceable, such unenforceability shall not affect the other provisions of this Agreement.
These General Terms and Conditions incorporate the following documents by reference:
1. General Provisions.
2. Information We Collect
When you visit our Website we may ask you to disclose certain information (e.g. when you subscribe to our Website). We may also collect certain information on an aggregate basis when you browse the Website.
• Information Provided By You. When subscribing and/or registering for email newsletters and alerts, we ask you to provide us with certain information about yourself (e.g. your age group and your contact information) and your preferences. You may also provide us with certain personal information when you purchase our hosting services or contract with us for business purposes. We will store any such personal information you have entered on our Website or provided to us in any other manner, including personal information that may be contained in any video, comments, any other submission through our Website as well as personal information provided to us in a process of business transactions. You may also provide us with personal information about other people either entered through our Website or in any other manner (e.g. through uploading, sharing or distributing videos or comments). We may store and collect such information for the purpose of maintaining and administering our Website and providing services to you and other Website visitors.
• Communication Information. If you choose to correspond with us through email, via post or in any other way, we may retain the content of your correspondence, together with your respective address and our responses.
• Information from Third Parties. Our partners, contractors and other third parties may provide us with your personal information in the course of business or for statistical purposes from time to time.
3. Use of Collected Information
We use personal information we collect for the following purposes:
• For administering and managing our Website and business activities.
• For providing you with hosting services and video production services agreed to by us, as well as for other services you have requested.
• For notifying you on the updates in the content on our Website, as well as new offers and discounts.
• For performing research and analysis about your use and preferences with respect to our services or content, as well as products, services or content offered by other companies.
• For notifying you about important changes to this Website.
• For notifying you of new services and products by us, our partners or authorized contractors which may be of interest to you.
• For performing other activities as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
4. Sharing of Collected Information
Additionally, your personal information could be shared with other parties under the following circumstances:
• Our Website is a publicly viewed website, and any personal information contained in any video, comments or other user submissions on this Website may be shared with and viewed by others through such public access, as well as appear in searches and be shared via social networks.
• We may share personal information contained in any video produced by us and/or hosted on our the Website, as well as the contents of any comment or other user submission on the Website, with our partners and authorized contractors to offer you products, services, deals and promotions.
• We may use certain third parties to facilitate our business, such as our professional advisors and service providers that perform certain services on our behalf, including, but not limited to, IT service providers, financial institutions and financial service providers, delivery services, sales analytics, customer support, etc. Such third parties may have access to your personal information for use only in connection with those business activities may not use such information for any other purposes.
• We may receive or transfer certain personal information (e.g. customer data, email information) in the process of corporate reorganization including but not limited to acquisition or sale of assets, acquisitions, mergers and/or divestitures, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
• We may disclose collected information where necessary in order to investigate, prevent, or take any reasonable action against illegal activities, fraud, violations of our Terms and Conditions; to defend against legal claims and allegations; to protect and our rights, property or safety of our company, our employees, users of Our Website or others; to comply with applicable law; to cooperate with law enforcement or other governmental authorities or as otherwise required by law.
• We may also share aggregated anonymised personal information with the third parties under the aforementioned circumstances, including sharing it with the third parties for the purpose of developing and improving the Website, its contents and the services offered to you by us, our partners, authorized contractors and other third parties.
5. Third Parties
Any such other websites, as well as any other third parties with whom we may share personal information, may have their own privacy policies which detail their use, handling and disclosure of personal information. It is advisable that you visit the third party website to learn about their privacy rules and policies.
6. Access to Your Information.
If you subscribed to our services through this Website you may review and update your personal information online by logging into your account. You can also review and update your personal information by contacting us.
You may choose not to provide us with certain information, however that may result in you being unable to use certain features of the Website, purchase products or services offered by us or our partners and authorized contractors or otherwise transact or communicate or with us. You may also opt out of having your personal information you have provided to us via Website subscription shared with the third parties, or cancel the subscription all together, by contacting us via e-mail at the details provided on our Contacts page with the subject-matter “CANCEL SUBSCRIPTION”. It may take several days to cancel your subscription, and we will not share the respective personal information with the third parties following (but not prior to) such cancellation
7. Protection of Your Personal Information
We take reasonable IT and procedural security measures to protect your personal information provided to us from unauthorized access and disclosure.
6. Your Consent
III. Cookies Policy
1. General Information
2. About Cookies and How We Use Them
A cookie is a small piece of data, which is often placed on your computer or mobile device when you visit certain websites and is stored on your computer’s or mobile device’s hard drive. Cookies record information about your online preferences and can also help us analyse your use of our Website and help us provide you with a better user experience.
In order to use certain services offered through our Website your web browser must accept cookies. Deleting or blocking cookies can affect some aspects of our Website, and you may not be able to access our entire Website or some parts of it. StudyUK.TV cannot be held responsible for any consequences resulting from you deleting or blocking cookies.
Any reference to cookies herein also includes similar online tracking devices such as web beacons, page tags and/or flash cookies that we may use.
3. Types of Cookies
3.1 Session Cookies
Session cookies are stored only for the duration of your visit and they expire and are deleted from your computer or mobile device when you close your browser. Session cookies are typically used to help the website know that you are logged in or logged out or are adding a comment.
3.2 Persistent Cookies
Persistent cookies are saved on your computer or mobile device for a fixed period of time and remain until they expire or are deleted by you.
3.3. First Party, Third Party and Social Media Cookies
The source of each cookie may also vary. First party cookies may be set and owned by the website you are visiting and they can only be read by that website. Third party cookies may be supplied by other companies.
4. Cookies We Use
Below, you can find more information about some of the main individual cookies we use and what we use them for:
Cookie Name Purpose Expiry Date
has_js user interface/registration features When the browsing session ends
ctools-collapsible-state user interface/registration features When the browsing session ends
SESS4af3c4b4537ab82b8be3a251df5ec2f3 user interface/registration features April 2, 2013
This list of cookies is for general information purposes only, it may not be exhaustive and may be updated from time to time.
5. Changes to Cookies Policy
This Cookies Policy may be updated or changed from time to time without prior notice. Any modifications to this Cookies Policy will be posted by STUDYUK.TV on the Website effective as of the date of such posting.
Terms and Conditions, including Privacy and Cookies Policy valid from 18 March 2013
Terms and Сonditions
Copyright © 2012-2013 Litara Ltd. | Studyuk.TV